It’s summer time. Wohoo…*sarcasm*
To me, Summer is just one step closer to Fall/Winter. I am a total Fall/Winter girl!
The air is crisp, leaves are falling and painting the streets in many colors, Halloween…and Christmas (oh, y’all just wait for Christmas time; I am a total X-Mas girl). I think I made my point, let me get back to reality: Summer.
Even though, we don’t necessarily have many cookouts or BBQs anymore, this Tomato Salad is still one of my favorites and I make it regularly! I remember my dear Opa (German: Grandfather) making this for us all the time. This is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ kind of recipe, though. The ingredients are basic, but you can add and adjust the amounts to your own personal taste.
Here is what you’ll need for this super easy Tomato Salad:
(This is enough for about 3 people)
- 3-4 big Tomatoes on the vine (you can use Roma or whatever kind of Tomato you want to choose, I just got a really good deal on these and love the taste of them)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- about 1/8 cup vinegar
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- about 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
OK, so now that we have everything, let’s get started:
- Chop, slice, cube, whatever you fancy your tomatoes
- Chop the onion
- Add tomatoes, onions, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt and pepper into a large bowl
- Stir until everything is mixed well
- Add or adjust any of the ingredients to your own taste
- Cover the bowl and place the salad in the fridge for about an hour for even better taste
I hope you enjoy it; let me know what you think.
What are some of your favorite summer salads?
Disclaimer: Everything I share is solely based on my personal experience and is for informational purposes only. This post contains affiliate links. For more information, please view my disclosure policy.